We at LA Balloons are passionate about the joy and happiness balloons bring to our local and global communities. Even though our latex balloons are biodegradable and renewable, responsible balloon use keeps our environment and planet beautiful while still enjoying the wonder of balloons.We ask you join with us and adhere to these common sense steps to enjoy balloons to the fullest.
1. Never release balloons into the air. Keep balloons weighted down at all times and don’t let them go.
2. Comply with the California Balloon Law to keep balloons from being released:
- Weight all helium-filled foil balloons
- Tie all ribbons to the weight so if they are accidentally released they will float away individually. Do not tie ribbons together before attaching to weight. Tie them to the weight with one knot.
- Do not use metallic foil ribbon with helium-filled balloons.
3. Always dispose of balloons properly.
4. Never inhale helium. Breathing in helium can cause fainting or even asphyxiation and death.
5. Children under the age of 8 should always be supervised around balloons.
CHOKING HAZARD – Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
Interested in learning more about balloons?
Check out BalloonFacts.org. You’ll get answers to commonly asked questions about balloons along with fun ways to re-use balloons. You’ll also learn about the composting and biodegrading process and how to make unique balloon crafts and tips for reducing post-party waste.